Sunday, November 8, 2009

Situation Summation


So here is the gist of my situation, as of now.


I accepted a position of an ESL teacher at Eastern English School in South Korea. The city I chose was Gwangju, which has 1.5 million people! Coming from Cumberland, Wisconsin with a population of 2,280, it'll be a huge shock!!


Anyways, I just started this process just over 3 weeks ago and I'm leaving in another 2 weeks. I guess it only takes 5 weeks to revamp your life! I was just a single girl, living at home with mom and dad, waiting tables at a local bistro and slowly approaching my quarter life crisis. Now, I will be a single girl, living in my own apartment in Gwangju, teaching conversational English to impressionable young minds and I might be able to avoid having a quarter life crisis! See, much better!! ;-)


So now I have to finish getting my visa together by traveling the 7 hour trip down to Chicago to go to the Korean consulate for a 5 minute interview. I know, it's a total waste of time! 14 hours of driving for them to ask me why I'm going to South Korea, do I do drugs, and what I know about Korean culture. But, I just do as I'm told because I don't have time to piss and moan about how retarded governments can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment