Thursday, November 12, 2009

Swept Away

As the time draws near, I'm starting to prepare for my departure. I'm not only physically preparing, like packing, but I'm also getting mentally prepared for the culture change and they many hardships I'll likely face this coming year. While preparing I'm reminded of a quote by J.R. Tolkien..............
"It's dangerous business,..., going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

I'm ready to be swept off my feet! I've always been a bit of a control freak and it's hard for me to let things go. However, I've already decided that this trip is my freedom! I'm graduated from college, I'm single, and I don't have a career tying me down. I'm out to explore, try new things, and to be a little reckless!

Soon I'll be enjoying Korean manhwas, norabong, and soju! I'm already feeling slightly sorry for the Korean population for having to hear me sing! Hahaha! Well, maybe with practice I'll sound mediocre. So for the future ......... to all Koreans, I'm very sorry for assaulting your ears with my horrible drunken bellering at the norabong! Please forgive me and teach me the ways of sweet melodies! ;-)

Well, back to packing and wrapping up loose ends back here in the US!

No comments:

Post a Comment